There’s nothing better than saying goodbye to summer by grilling out with your friends and enjoying good food and drinks. What makes that even more fun is incorporating recipes that do not require much time or effort to prepare, yet taste just as good as something that took a long time to make.
Here are two of my favorite drink recipes I’ll be using this holiday weekend:
Frozen Limeade Margarita (recipe courtesy Saveur Magazine) Serves 4-6
- ¼ cup triple sec
- 1 tbsp. agave nectar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 12-oz. can frozen limeade
- 6 cups crushed ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth.
- Pour into a pitcher and serve in chilled salt-rimmed glasses garnished with sliced limes.
Raspberry Lemonade (recipe courtesy of Pioneer Woman) Serves 8-12
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 bag frozen raspberries
- Ice cubes, for serving
- Squeeze the lemons and pour the juice into a pitcher.
- Mix together the sugar with 3 cups water and stir to dissolve to make a syrup. Add the syrup to the lemon juice and top it up with 8 cups water. Taste to make sure it’s sweet enough for you, and then add the raspberries.
- Mix the lemonade together and let chill in the fridge. (Keep in mind that the raspberries are tart, so be sure to sweeten enough!) Note: If you don’t feel like making the lemonade from scratch, just buy a container of lemonade and mix with the raspberries. If this is the route you go, mix the lemonade and raspberries and let it chill before adding any extra sugar as the store bought version is already sweetened.
- Fill mason jars with ice cubes and top them off with the lemonade.